Improving the Learner Experience:
The DLG Quality Review
Online learning, the scapegoat of teaching delivery methods.
Students love online courses for the convenience yet the entire format of delivery is often called into question when students don’t achieve desired goals.
Have you heard these comments from your online students?
“I didn’t understand because…”
- “Online classes are boring”
- “Instructions in online classes are confusing”
- “Certain concepts just cannot be taught online”
- “You provided content on one thing but tested me on another”
- “I couldn't find the resources/content/quiz/assignment”
As an instructor you may wonder if your students are being meaningfully challenged by the concepts of the discipline or if they are simply frustrated with the organization and delivery of materials, and subsequent time management problems.
A DLG quality assurance review provides an objective and comprehensive consideration of your online learning materials and delivery strategy.
The benefits of a comprehensive course review.
The DLG review process combines best practices from instructional design system strategy and user experience design for learning. A DLG quality assurance review will help you to determine potential structural stumbling blocks against student success.
With detailed feedback on the objectives, structure, content, assessments, and technology/design of your courses, a quality review provides you with a stronger foundation to build the next iteration of your course.
What we provide.
Pre-review individual consultation to determine your main concerns and questions regarding student performance and experience
Detailed Report of Findings
Detailed report of findings according to a custom rubric derived from leading providers of eLearning quality standards and certifications.
Recommendations for Improvement
Recommendations for improvement of assessments and organization of instructional materials
Proofreading and Basic Editing
Proofreading and basic editing of materials for flow and clarity
Individual post-review consultation to discuss your report and sketch a roadmap for your next steps
Customized options for specific needs:
- Content development and curation of open educational resources suitable for your objectives
- Extended learner experience research including student interviews, A/B testing, and competitive market research
- Evaluation of in-person instruction sessions